Banksy Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's do this...

2 posters

Go down

Let's do this... Empty Let's do this...

Post  Puck Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:10 pm

For fuck's sake. Sorry about the delay. I got caught up with something. Still about?
Puck
Puck
Admin

https://banksy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Let's do this... Empty yep

Post  mpabanky Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:00 pm

still here

mpabanky

Back to top Go down

Let's do this... Empty Re: Let's do this...

Post  Puck Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:01 pm

I am here. So, where shall we begin?
Puck
Puck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Let's do this... Empty what we missed

Post  mpabanks Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Lets layout our objective and plan of action.

Our objective might be better if we embody this in a sort of manifesto or a plain list of what we are trying to achieve. Not that we are trying to change the world but opening up a facebook page/blog to the world where they can discuss things. This will be the meat of our discussion for now.

Plan of action will include our roles in this thing. What to avoid and stuff like that.

I would suggest that we start with our objectives. What we want this to be. You may want to start a thread here for us to post our ideas as to what we think this project should have and one by one we drop whatever is not agreed upon by us and whoever will be joining this littleproject we have.

mpabanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:42 pm

As far as objectives are concerned, we need to decide if we intend to monetize this or not. I like to think that we can still be all the things we have suggested as yet and still be within that line of ethics if we were to monetize it in certain ways. Whether we monetize it or not, I envision this movement be more of an open forum. It could be the THE location on all major social media where the respective users can vent their frustration with the system and have people who will listen and discuss the issues.

Our roles should simply consist of facilitators of the 'movement' and part-time participants. If you mean our roles as far as the work load distributed between the three of us, I am loose on that. I know the three of us will work just as hard at this as we have already shown, so it will simply be a matter of synergy.

We can gauge more better what things to avoid once we decide the structure of this endeavor. So, what says you, monetize or not?
Puck
Puck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Let's do this... Empty Dont Monetize

Post  mpabanks Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:50 pm

I prefer not to monetize our blog in terms of adsense. Posting related Triond links once in a while won't hurt.

mpabanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:54 pm

I agree with no adsense. As that is a shared area, it would be difficult to split one adsense account allowable on the one site three ways. The posting of article links is a given. I would say that we should be able to do that as much as we want so long as the content is relevant, of course. I think if each of us decides to monetize in our own ways in non-shared sites, but promoted through our shared sites. This way, we would all benefit from the promotion network of the others and vice versa. Would you oppose to that?
Puck
Puck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Let's do this... Empty okay with me

Post  mpabanks Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:02 pm

i agree with you on that.

mpabanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:09 pm

Alright. So let's say that our plan of action is this. The FB page is established, but need more promotion. Promotion is going to be a consistent action, as I'm sure you know. So, any new ways you can think of promoting. Next, we establish a presence in all major social media; FB, youtube, twitter and blogger. I will get the Twitter account squared away and that can be the 'open forum' the Twitter community. The FB page will continue to be the location for the 'open forum' within the FB community (unless we want to establish a group, which could have its benefits). We have the Youtube channel established and we can continue with the same approach there; posing videos through our personal accounts and the 'favoriting' them on the Banksy Revolution channel. Networking will have to be done within twitter, blogger and youtube to establish a following. All of these sites would be linked together, of course. How is that sounding so far?
Puck
Puck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Let's do this... Empty promotion

Post  mpabanks Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:30 pm

Lets put it this way in order for us to have a better look at what we are trying to achieve in our planning stage . Lets add details and other important factors as we go on.

I. Contents:
1. Facebook page
a. rss of the blog will be linked so all blogpost will be automatically posted to the fb.
b. we will make sure we respond to members posts/comments to keep the discussion going
c. we will be posting available images for profile pics
d. we will be posting youtube videos as we make more of them

2. Blog
a. what are we to post?
b. triond article links?

3. Twitter- what and who will post?
4. Facebook group- I suggest we put up one when we get around 50K pagelike on our page.

II. Promotion
1. Facebook- I think we have reached the point where this will contunue to grow as long as we keep a regular updates on the page. We can also chip in few bucks per month for the ads , we all of us agree on it.

2. Blog- backlinked on our triond banksy articles, run a stumbleupon ads,

Lets try to build from this. I'm pretty sure we can improve this guide as we explore the facets of our project.

mpabanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:41 pm

I like where your heads at. I am going to head off to bed now, but I am going to write an outline based upon what we have so far. We can definitely make this work. I agree to the FB ads and I am willing to look into in the future utilizing google adwords as well. Those are things we can discuss over time, though. Whereas we should be promoting what we have now, we should hold of on those site where we lack establishment in design and content such as twitter. This is something we should not get in a hurry about is it will surely evolve. If we take our time with it, it will remove room for error. I'll have that outline squared away by tomorrow night. I have sent Pabs the link to this forum, so hopefully we'll see her about then. She's in the UK, though, so she'll be around more in the early part of the day, I imagine. Good stuff so far, brother. I think I might actually be seeing a direction here. lol
Puck
Puck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabs Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:00 pm

argh... read the posts so far.

for me monetising the blog with adsense was never an option, so we all seem to agree on that. however we can use it to post links, videos and we should have a twitter feed located on on the blog when we have them both established.

i'm wondering what Mnof's idea is for the next stages are/were or is he just being a page view whore? lol Laughing

in terms of how the blog looks at the moment.... it's not great and definitely needs some work.

although we are still gaining likes on the facebook page, it seem to have slowed down over the last day or two and considering that seems to be our main base of communicating with people, i think we should be really be pushing the facebook page some more.

being honest here with you both, this thing has grown a lot quicker than i thought it would, in terms of where we want it to go. it started off just being about setting a trend on fb and within two weeks we all seem to have had much bigger ideas. i'm still trying to get my head around my ideas of where i think this should be going, before i share them.

anyway, i'll be on and off all day.... just remember i'm ahead of you guys by about 6hrs or so, but i'll try and catch you both at some point today.

pabs

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Sorry, guys. I got caught up with obligation at work today and am just getting online. I am going to be getting on the blog tomorrow to design and network a little.
Puck
Puck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum